Questions to Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
You’ve been hurt in a vehicle crash in California—now what? Most people believe that all they can do is file an insurance claim. Your insurance coverage may pay for repairs to your vehicle, and it may provide some compensation for your medical expenses, but who’s going to pay for your other losses?
What about the wages you’ve missed out on since you haven’t been able to work because of your injury? What about the emotional turmoil your accident has caused you or the physical pain of your injuries? What if your injury is permanent?
You can recover full compensation for your suffering by filing a personal injury claim. But first, you’re probably going to have some questions to ask a lawyer after your car accident.
Questions You Should Have Ready
You’ve settled on filing a personal injury claim to recover your losses, but how can you get all your questions answered when speaking to a lawyer. The best way is to prepare a list of the questions you want answered.
The following are some of the most important questions to ask an attorney after a car wreck. The answers will help prepare you for the filing process.
- How is fault determined in a car crash?
- What kinds of losses can I be compensated for?
- Will you help me file all the personal injury paperwork?
- Should I speak with the insurance companies on my own?
- How much is my case worth?
- What are the chances I’ll have to go to court?
- How long does the personal injury claim process take from start to finish?
- If a settlement is reached, how long until I get the money?
- How many cases have you won?
- Will you answer my calls or get back to me in a timely manner?
An Experienced Auto Injury Attorney Is Ready to Help
At Bohn & Fletcher, LLP, you can find the attorney you’ve been searching for. We will help you file a personal injury claim, negotiate fair compensation with all involved insurance companies, and communicate with you every step of the way—answering all the questions you’re prepared to ask after a car accident.
Call 408-556-9780 or fill out the form below to speak with a car accident lawyer at our firm.