San Jose Brain Injury Lawyer
If someone else’s negligence has left you dealing with a serious head injury, find out how to get compensated by consulting with a San Jose brain injury lawyer.
There are few types of injuries more terrifying or life-altering than brain injuries. From a minor concussion to something as serious as a subdural hematoma, brain damage has the potential to completely alter your life. When you are affected by a serious head injury due to the negligence of another party, it is your legal right to seek compensation for the damages you have incurred.
If you are looking for a San Jose brain injury lawyer to help you file a personal injury claim and get your life back, look no further than Bohn & Fletcher, LLP. We are committed to providing our clients with the best quality legal representation possible, and we will stop at nothing to ensure that you are treated with the utmost respect and consideration during the legal process.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can happen anywhere and at any time. Whether you are playing a game with your school’s team or on the job, the potential for incurring a traumatic brain injury (TBI) is ever-present. However, there are some common situations in which brain injuries are more frequently seen:
- Open Head Injuries – This type of injury can include anything from being shot in the head to being hit so hard that the skull is penetrated.
- Closed Head Injuries – These types of injuries are often brought about due to instances like slipping and falling or being involved in a car accident.
- Exposure to Dangerous Substances – If you were exposed to chemicals or hazardous waste and sustained brain damage as a result, you have the right to seek compensation for your losses.
- Close Contact Sports – Concussions are often associated with close contact sports, such as football or hockey. If your coach or trainer failed to treat your symptoms seriously, you might have a claim against them.
Compensation for Brain Damage
A TBI is a catastrophic injury that can completely change your life. Depending on its severity, your brain injury might require ongoing care well into your future. If your mental faculties are compromised, such as through memory loss or lost emotional control, your marriage and personal relationships can suffer enormously.
All of this and more should be factored into your compensation. Your San Jose brain injury lawyer will work with you closely to uncover all of the ways that your life has changed, and we’ll also consult heavily with your doctor to ensure that your future medical needs are accounted for.
These are just a few of the damages that you might be able to include in your claim:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Transportation costs
- Lost wages and earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost enjoyment of life
Contact a San Jose Head Injury Lawyer
If you are struggling to get your life back on track after sustaining a serious head injury, you should know that you don’t have to handle it alone. Working with Bohn & Fletcher, LLP to file an injury claim is your best course of action for recovering full compensation.
If you would like to speak to a San Jose brain injury lawyer about the next steps you should take in filing your claim, get in touch with us today to schedule a free consultation. We can be reached by phone at 408-279-4222, or you can contact us through our online form at the bottom of the page.