Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident?

After you’ve been involved in a car crash, many questions are going spring to your mind. One of those questions might sound like this: Do I need a lawyer for a car accident? The answer is going to depend on your circumstances.


Scenario 1

Let’s imagine you’re involved in a minor fender-bender in which you were rear-ended. You weren’t injured, and both you and the other driver have insurance. You exchange information, get in touch with the other insurer, and file a claim. Then, you get paid for the small amount of damage to your car. A lawyer may not be necessary.


Scenario 2

Now, let’s go to the other end of the spectrum and imagine you’ve been seriously injured in a vehicle collision. You’re not sure whose fault it was because it was a major wreck and it all happened so fast. You’re stuck in the hospital recovering from broken bones and a head injury. Who would you call to help with your accident?

In almost all cases involving injuries, a car accident lawyer can help you recover compensation from the person who caused your wreck.


Questions for You

Here are some questions for you to answer:

  • Who is going to investigate your accident to determine fault while you’re injured?
  • Who will file the claim paperwork for your accident?
  • Who will keep track of your medical records and negotiate with the insurance companies?
  • Who will fight in court to see that you get fair compensation for your auto wreck?

An attorney can help you in many ways, especially when you’re filing a personal injury claim. Our personal injury attorneys also work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless you are compensated for your vehicle wreck.


Call a California Car Accident Lawyer

If you’re still wondering whether you need a lawyer for a car accident, it can’t hurt to call. We offer a free case review to discuss the details of your accident and whether you can file a personal injury claim.

To speak with a California car crash lawyer at Golden State Lawyers, APC, call 408-279-4222 or complete the online contact form below.