The Bohn & Fletcher Scholarship
At Bohn & Fletcher, we highly value community service, social responsibility and promoting access to justice for all people from all walks of life. Consistent with these values, we are proud to offer a scholarship to undergraduates who have demonstrated a commitment to helping others, promoting equality and improving our communities. Awarding this scholarship to the right student each year gives us the opportunity to “pay it forward” and support students who share our values. We are proud to offer this scholarship to sincere and hard-working students who see personal success as tied to service of others. In short, we believe in and want to invest our resources in “believers.”
You have been accepted to a college or you are currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Please write a 800-1,500 word essay about how you have and/or plan to use your undergraduate education to serve a community. What ways, if any, has/will the law or our current legal system support(ed) or hinder(ed) your endeavors? What changes, if any, would you suggest be made to our laws or our legal system in relation to your efforts to improve society? How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your goals? Why should Bohn & Fletcher, LLP select you for this scholarship?
- Along with the essay, please record a 3 to 10 minute video of yourself explaining the key points that you wrote about in your essay. In your video, explain what your essay was about and summarize it. Typically, one-take videos that are not overly rehearsed are the best.
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university that is listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Submitting Your Application
Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include:
· Your Full Name
· Mailing Address
· Email Address
· Phone Number
· A statement of your current academic status, as well as evidence that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
· Your written submission as a Word document. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
· Please upload your video to our Dropbox account here. Please title the video file with your full name, so that we know to put it together with your essay.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is August 1, 2017. The winner will be announced by August 15th, 2017.
· The winning candidate will be selected based on the student’s essay and video by an assigned member of our team at Bohn & Fletcher, LLP.
· The scholarship funds can be sent via check, PayPal, or other means.
· This scholarship is for one academic school year.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application for the Bohn & Fletcher Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Bohn & Fletcher, LLP, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
· Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Bohn & Fletcher, LLP.
· Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on bohnlaw.com web site.
· Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
· Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Bohn & Fletcher social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, Bohn & Fletcher, LLP will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.
The winner agrees to provide high-resolution .jpeg images or high resolution scans of original prints or negatives for reproduction by Bohn & Fletcher, LLP. The images or scans must be received with a signed statement granting Bohn & Fletcher, LLP the right to use them, according to the stipulations above, prior to the award being released.
About Bohn & Fletcher
For many decades, the attorneys at Bohn & Fletcher, LLP have dedicated their lives to representing people injured or harmed by others. Being a plaintiff, or claimant, in a serious personal injury or death case without quality representation can be stressful, confusing, expensive and risky. For many years, the lawyers at Bohn & Fletcher have demonstrated their abilities and built reputations as the leading lawyers in Northern California who know what they are doing, who wisely counsel their clients and who aggressively fight for their clients to achieve the best results.