Los Gatos Truck Accident Lawyer

Truck accidents are often among the most dangerous crashes on the road, if for no other reason than the sheer mass of semi-trucks and 18-wheelers.

In theory, the impact of a truck crash should be somewhat minimized by the highway speed limits for trucks in California55 miles per hour—but a truck going almost a mile a minute is still a lethal force.

Fortunately, there are laws in place to give you a way to recover compensation for your truck accident. If your injuries are the result of negligence by someone in the trucking industry, it’s important that you hold the responsible party accountable to get what you’re owed.

A Los Gatos truck accident lawyer at Golden State Lawyers, APC can help you get all that you need to restore your life and regain your financial footing.


Fault in Commercial Trucking Wrecks

No one likes to take the blame. The truck’s driver, owner, and insurer will almost certainly try to dodge all liability for your injuries.

For example, the insurance company may offer you a settlement that won’t even begin to cover your damages. Or, perhaps worse, the insurer or trucking company lawyers might try to use your words against you to place the blame on you.

With a Los Gatos truck crash lawyer on your side, however, you won’t have to worry about these tactics. Your attorney will know how to fight back during negotiations and in the courtroom.


How Comparative Negligence Affects Truck Crash Claims

The state of California follows a doctrine called comparative negligence. While this may sound like legal jargon, the concept is rather simple: Multiple parties can be found liable to varying degrees for a truck accident.

For example, the trucker or trucking company might be found 90 percent liable for your accident while you’re found liable for the remaining 10 percent because you were speeding at the time of the crash.

The compensation awarded to you would be reduced by 10 percent to account for the blame you hold.


Common Injuries

Victims of truck accidents often find themselves facing an assortment of injuries. These may include any of the following:

  • Traumatic brain injuries like concussions and brain tearing
  • Eye or facial damage
  • Spine-related injuries
  • Fractured bones
  • Amputations
  • Damage to internal organs
  • Wrongful death


Calculating Your Compensation

When identifying the injuries that you will list in your Los Gatos truck crash claim, it’s important to account for all past, present, and future expenses and losses relating to the harm you’ve experienced.

Examples of expenses and losses include medical costs, lost wages or earning power, emotional distress, pain and suffering, vehicle repair or replacement, and worsened quality of life.


Call a Los Gatos Semi-Truck Accident Attorney

If you’ve been the victim of a collision with a semi-truck or 18-wheeler, there’s no need to suffer further.

The experienced attorneys at Golden State Lawyers, APC can sort through the details of your 18-wheeler accident and build a strong claim for compensation, allowing you to focus on far more important things, such as your health.

To speak with a Los Gatos truck accident lawyer, call us today at 408-279-4222 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.

Client Testimonial

“They went above and beyond time and time again. It was a roller coaster ride of emotions but they did what everyone else said was impossible. I am so relieved that this chapter in my life is coming to end. Thank you!”

Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bridget H.
Read more reviews on Google!