Los Gatos Personal Injury Lawyer
Although the idea of filing a claim for compensation after you’ve been injured might sound simple, the truth is the process is anything but simple.
First, you must be able to prove that someone else’s negligent, careless, or reckless actions caused your injuries. From there, the work has only started: You will have to formulate a claim and list your damages—not to mention go through litigation and actually win your case.
Fortunately, the experienced attorneys at Bohn & Fletcher, LLP have gone through this process many times before. A Los Gatos personal injury lawyer with our firm can help you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
Personal Injury Case Types
Not all injuries are the same, and different types of accidents require different approaches.
Some examples of personal injury cases include the following:
- Vehicle Crashes – Vehicles involved in claims for compensation can include motorcycles, cars, and trucks, among many other vehicle types. When pursuing this type of personal injury case, you will want to identify all parties that may have contributed to the crash, including other drivers, parts manufacturers, and government entities tasked with maintaining safe roads.
- Premises Liability – If you are injured on someone’s property through no fault of your own, you may have grounds for a personal injury suit. The injury must have been caused by negligence on the owner’s part, whether it involved slipping on a wet floor or getting bitten by a dog.
- Defective Products – While it’s almost never the intention of manufacturers to hurt their customers, sometimes manufacturing defects happen. If you are hurt by a defect in a consumer product, you may have the groundwork for a personal injury claim.
- Construction Accidents – It’s a common misconception that only construction workers can sue in a personal injury case revolving around a construction accident. In reality, anyone who is hurt on the grounds of a construction site may have grounds for a claim.
Compensation You Could Receive
If you’re like other injured victims, your chief concern is the potential value of your claim. After all, you need compensation for the various expenses your injury has caused for you.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident and resulting injuries, some damages you could name in your claim include the following:
- Future medical care and bills for past care
- Damage to your property, including a vehicle
- Wages lost from missing work temporarily or permanently
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished ability to enjoy life
- Scarring or disfigurement
Understanding Comparative Negligence
Comparative negligence is a big buzzword in personal injury cases, and rightfully so. Comparative negligence allows courts to ascribe fault to multiple parties in an accident that causes injuries.
The potential problem with comparative negligence is this: If you’re found to hold some of the blame, you’ll receive a reduced compensation amount. Luckily, you can enlist the help of a Los Gatos accident injury lawyer who will know how to make sure the actual negligent parties are held accountable.
Contact a Los Gatos Injury Lawyer
While the pain of being injured is difficult enough, being out tens of thousands of dollars for injuries that weren’t your fault just makes your wounds all the more painful.
To get the compensation you deserve, you need to file a personal injury claim, and Bohn & Fletcher, LLP can make sure your claim is bulletproof.
Get in touch with a Los Gatos personal injury lawyer by calling 408-279-4222 or reaching out via the online contact form below.