When you’ve suffered injuries in a car crash, you need to know how to get the largest financial award possible. Find out how best to handle your claim by working with a Sunnyvale car accident lawyer.
Being involved in an automobile accident can be a harrowing experience, especially if you were seriously injured in the wreck. In addition to physical pain, you may also be struggling to pay your bills, particularly if you are missing work because of your injury. You should know that during this difficult time, you have certain legal rights, and options for financial compensation are available to you.
There are many causes of car crashes, but if yours was because of the carelessness or negligence of another driver or entity, you may be able to receive compensation for the damages incurred in the wreck. A Sunnyvale car accident lawyer from Golden State Lawyers, APC is available to discuss your case and give you an honest assessment about your claim. We will provide our best recommendation for moving forward.
Know What Caused Your Sunnyvale Car Accident Collision
Before you can file a personal injury suit, your Sunnyvale car accident lawyer will first need to identify what caused the crash so that you can name everyone at fault in your claim:
- Texting and Cell Phone Use – Texting or using a cell phone while driving affects an injury case by making it easier to establish liability. If the defendant is texting or using a cell phone while driving, it is possible to establish that he or she wasn’t paying attention. In California, it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving, except under special circumstances.
- Drunk Driving – It also possible to establish liability if the defendant was driving drunk and caused a crash. There is also potential for punitive damages that can lead to a higher payout.
- Speeding – Speed limits are put into place for a reason, and when speeding is a factor in a traffic accident, the driver may face reckless driving charges as well.
- Dangerous Road Conditions – If poor road maintenance, such as potholes or uneven lanes, played a role, you might be able to hold the government agency responsible accountable.
Sunnyvale Car Accident Compensation
A Sunnyvale car accident lawyer from our firm can help you get the compensation you deserve for damages incurred during your wreck. Depending on the specifics of your claim, you may be able to seek compensation for the following financial and non-economic damages:
- Present and future medical expenses, including physical therapy, ambulance transportation costs, surgery, and medical devices
- Present and future lost wages and earnings
- Repair or fair market replacement value for property that was damaged or lost
- Mental and emotional distress and suffering
- Disfigurement and permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
Contact a Sunnyvale Auto Wreck Attorney
You can resolve most minor wrecks or fender benders peacefully through your insurance company, but accidents that are fatal or result in serious injuries should be handled by an experienced Sunnyvale car accident lawyer. Call Golden State Lawyers, APC today for a free consultation. We will review your claim and help you decide what you are entitled to in terms of compensation and recovery. Just complete the form below or call 408-279-4222.