Livermore Truck Accident Lawyer
There’s a reason we all pass semi-trucks quickly and warily on the interstate; it’s because wrecks involving 18-wheelers usually end in serious injury or death. Serious injuries result in hospitalization and medical bills, and someone has to pay the doctors, right?
When your trucking collision was caused by someone else’s negligence, you can seek compensation for your suffering and losses. Call us to learn more about how a Livermore truck accident lawyer from our firm can help you get the compensation you need to move beyond this crash.
Determining Fault in Livermore Semi-Truck Collisions
Some accidents are complicated, and determining who was responsible can be tough. Your attorney has the resources to investigate the cause of your Livermore semi-truck crash in order to prove fault. The following is an idea of some of the factors that could have caused your wreck, as well as who would be liable:
- Poor mechanical work could implicate the mechanic or body shop.
- Unsafe road conditions could be the fault of the government agency responsible for road maintenance.
- Drowsy driving may fall on the trucker or trucking company.
- Faulty parts could be blamed on the manufacturer that installed or made them.
- Drunk driving is the trucker’s fault.
Serious Injuries Tied to Truck Wrecks
When you’ve been seriously injured in an 18-wheeler accident, your damages could be extreme. You may require weeks or months in the hospital, multiple surgeries, and months of physical therapy. Medical expenses pile up quickly when you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury.
Here’s a list of serious injuries you could suffer in a crash involving a commercial truck in Livermore:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spinal injuries like whiplash and paralysis
- Serious organ damage
Negotiating Fair Compensation After Your Livermore 18-Wheeler Crash
All those medical treatments are going to add up quickly, and you may require caregiving or other household services for the rest of your life. That’s why you can seek damages from the trucker’s insurance company.
The following are some of the damages your attorney can have added to your personal injury claim, depending on your circumstances:
- Pain and suffering
- All medical expenses, including treatments, copays, bills, medications, and therapies
- Mental trauma and mental health services
- Loss of wages and loss of earning capacity
- Disability and dismemberment
- Damage to your quality of living
- Vehicle damage
Your attorney will work hard to negotiate fair compensation from the responsible party, but if the insurance companies refuse to pay you fairly, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
Speak with a Livermore Truck Crash Attorney
Not many events can thoroughly alter your life the way a semi-truck collision can. Your physical injuries alone could be life-changing, but add your emotional and financial suffering into the mix, and things may never be the same again.
Your future depends on you getting the most out of your personal injury claim. If you work with a Livermore truck accident lawyer at Bohn & Fletcher, LLP, we can help you make that happen. Call us for your free consultation at 408-556-9780 or complete the online contact form below.