San Jose Personal Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury can change your life for the worse, sometimes permanently. If someone else was to blame, make certain you get compensated for your losses by working with a San Jose personal injury lawyer.
When you are injured, whether due to a car accident, a product malfunction, or any other situation, the one thing you want to focus on is your recovery. Unfortunately, many people find that they are unable to do so. Between unmanageable medical bills, being unable to work as a result of your injuries, and fighting with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve, trying to move forward after you’ve been hurt can be difficult.
That’s why hiring a San Jose personal injury lawyer from Bohn & Fletcher, LLP is so critical. Our team of highly trained and experienced attorneys will tirelessly fight for you so that you can obtain the compensation you need. Our number one goal is to take the stress off you so that you can focus your energies on a quick and easy recovery.
Claiming Damages for Different Types of Serious Injuries
No two personal injury cases are alike; each one comes with its own set of intricacies and its own injuries to consider. However, there are a few common injuries that might cause you to file a claim seeking compensation for damages.
Regardless of the specific injury you experience, your San Jose personal injury lawyer will know how to assess the value of your damages. Some of these different injury types are as follows:
- Head or Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries are particularly complicated because they may not make themselves known for weeks, months, or even years after an accident. What appears to be a minor bump on the head could later be identified as a concussion. These types of wounds often come about as a result of a car accident or sports injury.
- Spinal Injury – Serious back injuries can be especially severe. At best, they may leave you unable to work for a period of time. At worst, they could result in partial or complete paralysis. Common causes for a spinal injury are falls and motor vehicle accidents.
- Broken Bones – Whether it was an arm or a leg, a broken bone can cause a major inconvenience to your everyday life. Between the medical costs needed to treat it and the time it takes to heal, they are truly frustrating. Broken bones are often the result of a slip-and-fall accident and traffic collisions.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
There are many different ways you can be injured, and each scenario will affect the outcome to your case and the damages you can recover. Your San Jose personal injury lawyer will properly identify the type of case you are dealing with and help you build the strongest case possible. Some examples of personal injury cases include the following:
- Traffic Accidents – Whether they involve passenger cars, semi-trucks, or motorcycles, traffic accidents and collisions are some of the most common sources of personal injury cases. If you were struck by another driver and you were not at fault for the collision, or if you were injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian, your San Jose personal injury lawyer can fight to get you full compensation for your damages.
- Slip-and-Fall Cases – Slip-and-fall accidents are incredibly common, and they can happen almost anywhere. They can be caused by everything from a wet floor to a dangerously uneven sidewalk to a set of stairs that is unsafe for use.
- Product Liability – If you were injured while using a product as intended, you have the right to file a claim and seek financial compensation. The manufacturer or designer is responsible for ensuring that each product they put on the market is safe for use. A manufacturer could be held liable for something like a batch of food that was sent out that made you sick. A designer, on the other hand, would be found liable if you were injured in a scenario such as a vehicle accident that was determined to be due to a flaw in the car’s design.
- Construction Accidents – Although there is an inherent danger in working on a construction site, you have a right to expect everyone involved at a worksite to be practicing safety. If you were injured in a construction accident caused by a third party outside of your employer, your San Jose personal injury lawyer will do everything possible to get you the compensation you need to successfully heal.
- Dog Bites – Canine owners have an obligation to control their animals. If you were attacked by a dog on a property you were legally allowed to be on, you have every right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury
It’s very rare that an injury you sustained from an accident only affects one facet of your life. Instead, you’re more likely to find that you incur damages in multiple areas as a result of a single incident. As such, your San Jose personal injury lawyer will argue that you are deserving of compensation for your damages and losses.
For example, we can fight to get you compensation for the time you had to take off of work because of your injury, as well as any future time you may need to take off as a result of the accident. Other damages you may be able to seek compensation for include the following:
- Medical bills, hospital stays, and any other related medical costs (such as medications, rehabilitation treatments, etc.)
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage costs
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
San Jose Personal Injury FAQ
The aftermath of a serious injury is almost always a chaotic time filled with questions. We’ve answered a few of the more common concerns here, but if you would like more detailed information, please contact our office to speak with a San Jose personal injury lawyer.
How much time do I have to file a personal injury claim?
California provides a statute of limitations of just two years from the date of the injury. This is different for claims against a government entity, however, in which case you must give notice of your claim within six months. Exceeding these time limits could cost you your right to seek financial compensation.
Can I still seek compensation for my injury if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Yes, as long as someone else was partially responsible, you can seek damages from him or her. However, your percentage of the fault will reduce your financial award, making it important to build a strong case that limits your liability as much as possible.
What can I do if a family member died in an accident that was caused by someone else?
If negligence was involved, you might be eligible to seek justice through financial damages by filing a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. This would result in compensation similar to a personal injury claim, with the addition of funeral expenses and the deceased’s lost income.
Get Help from a San Jose Injury Lawyer
If you are trying to recover after suffering injuries from an accident, Bohn & Fletcher, LLP can help. Our attorneys are highly experienced and possess a wealth of knowledge regarding personal injury law. We will do everything in our power to see to it that you not only receive fair and full financial compensation, but that the amount you receive is what you deserve.
To get in touch with a skilled San Jose personal injury lawyer to discuss your claim, give us a call to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us at 408-279-4222. Alternatively, you can also reach one of our representatives by filling out the contact form at the bottom of the page.