Ram Fletcher has been recognized by clients, attorneys and judges alike for his skill as a trial lawyer and the outstanding results he has secured for his clients and their families. Ram has successfully represented people in serious injury, abuse, and death cases, as well as people who have been harassed, discriminated against or retaliated against at work. He has prosecuted cases in state and federal trial courts as well as in administrative and arbitration proceedings.
While Ram is gratified by the millions of dollars he has recovered for the people he has helped, he takes greater satisfaction in having been able to make a difference in their lives and, in turn, their appreciation for being treated with respect and dignity. Ram’s clients appreciate that he listens to them and responds to their needs, while striving to honor and protect their interests.
In addition to promoting justice through representation of his individual clients, Ram has taken a leadership role in advancing systemic changes that aid the community. He has acted as President of the Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (SCCTLA) and served many years on the SCCTLA Board of Governors. He has also been elected as the San Jose regional representative on the Board of Trustees for the Santa Clara County Bar Association (SCCBA) and appointed by the SCCBA President to its Executive Committee. Ram is a member of the SCCBA Diversity Committee and was selected as Co-Chair of the Bay Area Minority Summer Clerkship Program, a project providing law students from underrepresented communities opportunities to gain legal experience. Additionally, Ram is a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), the largest trial lawyer organization in the state and the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the largest national trial lawyer organization. His firm was asked to join the prestigious AAJ Leaders Forum, the only law firm in San Jose to receive this distinction. Annually since 2013, Ram has proudly been selected as a “Northern California Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a distinction awarded to less than three percent of eligible attorneys. In 2016 he was selected for inclusion on the list of Northern California Super Lawyers. He was also invited and recognized as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers for Northern California in 2015. In 2015, Ram was further honored with membership in the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Ram frequently lectures at Santa Clara University where he often volunteers as a judge for moot court sessions held by the Advocacy program at the law school. In his free time, Ram enjoys sports, listening to music and reading philosophy.
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Premises Liability
- Elder Abuse/Neglect
- Defective Products
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims
- California, 20015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2006
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (President, 2010); Board of Governors, 2008-2013)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association (Board of Trustees, 2013-2015; Executive Committee, 2013-2014); Diversity Committee, 2012-Present)
- Bay Area Minority Summer Clerkship Program (Co-Chair, 2013-Present)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (2007-Present)
- “Trying the Minor Impact Soft Tissue Case” (SCCTLA Seminar Presenter, 2010)
- Northern California Super Lawyer: Super Lawyers (2016)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® (2012-Present)
- Best Law Firms in North America, U.S. News & World Report (2011-Present)
- Northern California Rising Star: Super Lawyers (2013-2015)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers (Northern CA) (2015-Present)
- 10/10 rating by AVVO
- “Best Oral Advocate” (2003)
- Witkin Academic Excellence Award: Dispute Resolution (2004)
- Honors Moot Court Competition: Finalist (2005)
- Law Faculty Scholarship (2003-2005)